Saturday, September 9



I took this picture when we were walking around the neighborhood last night. It was a beautiful day with lots of sun and wind. It was great although starting next week, I am going to attempt to start fitting into the culture by starting to speak German...my English is turning heads and last night, the waiter spoke only English to me when I slipped and asked for a liter of water...oops.

Today we are heading to the northern part of Germany for a wedding. It is my first German wedding and I am curious to see the culture differences, if any. One thing I learned is that it is ok to wear black to weddings. Is that strange to anyone? In the midwest, I don't think I have ever saw anyone wear black to a wedding. Well, I have to do it today, since I only bought 1 dress and it happens to be black. We looked yesterday for a dress without success, so black it is.

Tschüs!

3 Comments:

At 4:36 AM, Blogger J said...

Hi Emily and welcome to Germany (I found the link on PapaScott's blog). I'm quite far south of you, between Cologne and Frankfurt.

J
Germany Doesn't Suck

 
At 3:21 PM, Blogger christina said...

A big welcome from me too! I'm a Canadian living near Hannover.

 
At 7:50 PM, Blogger Peggy W said...

Black is okay for weddings, especially the more formal ones. We've seen it in MN though I still haven't worked up to it...seems very sophisticated!
Russia is very good. Wish we spoke Russian!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home