Tuesday, August 8

less than two weeks

I am counting down the days until my life takes another path. I am leaving Mills after 4 wonderful, amazing, inspiring years and it is still hard to believe. Lately, I have been struggling with feelings of homesickness and final goodbyes while having feelings of excitement for a new adventure in Hamburg.

Some things that I will miss:

1. Kemps ice cream
2. The beautiful Mills campus
3. All my friends that I have met at Mills
4. San Francisco
5. Exploring Oakland for wonderful unique neighborhoods like Lakeshore, Piedmont, Rockridge...

Things that I will not miss:
1. the news stations here in CA (absolutely horrible...)
2. my job as a resident director (it was a good experiece, but never again, thank you)
3. living in a dorm
4. saving quarters for laundry

You get the idea...I am ready to move on and to start a new chapter in my life...less than two weeks...I can't wait...

2 Comments:

At 11:23 AM, Blogger Peggy W said...

Love the way Herbert loves strawberries. He's my kinda guy. Loved your sweet note and great picture.

We are in the Amsterdam airport early on Sep 4. Will you be there on your way to Hamburg? We'll be in Russia from Sep 4 through Oct 29; then Seoul, Hong Kong, and Honolulu before returning to MSP on Nov 13. I understand the crunch of the next few weeks. Feeling some it myself! Bon Voyage! I'm going to try to get a travel blog working before we leave.

 
At 9:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a lot! Canadian meridia order online Boys g-string swimwear Internet server dsl westtown ny aran woolen sweaters from ireland

 

Post a Comment

<< Home