Tuesday, May 9

Airports

Finally, the day I have been waiting for (other than graduation):

First, I finished my last undergraduate class today and I can't believe that I am done with my degree tomorrow at noon! Wow, four years have passed so quickly.

Second, F. flew into today from Hamburg. It is so great to see him...it is hard to describe...now I am really enjoying the thought of having him here for three and a half weeks. While I was waiting in the airport, I thought about how important airports have become to me. At first, my family would be meeting me at the airport and I would welcomed home from the semester with hugs and kisses and occasionally a sign or two. Now, airports are what connect F. and me together.

But I have to admit that there is always a moment before F. walks out of security, where I think, "maybe I won't recoginize him or maybe he won't recoginize me". But then I see him and we smile and hug and kiss. It creates this build-up of emotions within me and confusion in my brain due to his immediate presence after months of separation. But oh, how the wait is worth it.

I am as happy as a clam.

2 Comments:

At 4:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Emily- i still have 2 more exams and soon, we won't be college students anymore... I feel like it was just yesterday when I first talked to you... 4 yrs huv flew so quickly..so fast... can u believe we huv known each other for 4 yrs already? i will send u girls email again..!! i luv u and huv a wonderful graduation! congrats, emily! --chiyuki

 
At 10:53 PM, Blogger Peggy W said...

Bob and I had a long distance relationship, Mpls to San Francisco. Not as far as Germany and California but I have an inkling of what it is like. I know EXACTLY what you meant about not recognizing him! When we are together I'll tell you my story about that.
I hope Commencement and your celebration afterwards were great occasions. I'm so sorry I had to miss being with you on Saturday.
I am flattered that you've added my blog your list of favorites. Means I've got to get it updated! Will you ever visit MN now that your family is in CA and F is in Germany??? Love to you, Peggy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home